St Kilda Club Book Group
Read three books a year with us, all about beautiful St Kilda.
We are exited to launch a brand new book group!
We love everything to do with St Kilda; the landscape, the wildlife and the history. As it turns out, we’re not the only ones! A number of authors have also chosen to celebrate their love of our beautiful islands by writing a book.
We can’t think of a better way to celebrate the joy of St Kilda, and the appreciate the work of these authors, than by launching a book group dedicated to the stories of St Kilda.
Here’s How It Works
- We will launch a new book three times a year, in line with our three board meetings.
- If you would like to join in, all we ask is that you please buy the book yourself.
- You will have six weeks to read the book, so there is no hurry! Read at your own pace.
- After the six week reading time, we will discuss our thoughts on the book using the Zoom app.
- We are hoping to give book group members an opportunity to meet the author of the book, also via Zoom.
- You will have access to the St Kilda Club Book Group Facebook Group.
Simply sign up using the form below and we will send you all the information you need.
During the St Kilda Club Reunion on Saturday 19th November we were very pleased to share a short message from Philip Long thanking The St Kilda Club for all their hard work over the past 50 years. In particular, Philip mentions the £80,000 we were thrilled to raise...
The below PDF is the proposed constitution for the St Kilda Club SCIO, along with two resolutions. All of these documents are for consideration at the St Kilda Club Company SC246110 AGM on the 9th November where we are hoping to sign them off. Any queries about these...
We were delighted to be asked by Susan Bain from the National Trust for Scotland (NTS) to have an input on the St Kilda World Heritage Site Management Plan 2022-2032. The Islands are owned by the NTS and so they have overall responsibility for management of the...