St Kilda Club Book Group
Read three books a year with us, all about beautiful St Kilda.
We are exited to launch a brand new book group!
We love everything to do with St Kilda; the landscape, the wildlife and the history. As it turns out, we’re not the only ones! A number of authors have also chosen to celebrate their love of our beautiful islands by writing a book.
We can’t think of a better way to celebrate the joy of St Kilda, and the appreciate the work of these authors, than by launching a book group dedicated to the stories of St Kilda.
Here’s How It Works
- We will launch a new book three times a year, in line with our three board meetings.
- If you would like to join in, all we ask is that you please buy the book yourself.
- You will have six weeks to read the book, so there is no hurry! Read at your own pace.
- After the six week reading time, we will discuss our thoughts on the book using the Zoom app.
- We are hoping to give book group members an opportunity to meet the author of the book, also via Zoom.
- You will have access to the St Kilda Club Book Group Facebook Group.
Simply sign up using the form below and we will send you all the information you need.
Lost But Not Forgotten is a short film about a man out of place in the modern world, struggling to hold on to memories of a home he lost long ago. Drawing from the incredible history of St Kilda, this short film serves as a...
Saturday was a day off for the work party and after a little morning mist, it turned in a beautiful hot sunny day. Pete and I took seven of the work party over to the Tunnel. When we got there, sadly we couldn’t go in as there has been a roof collapse over the winter....
It was our last full working day on Friday and the day was busy with drain unblocking, continuing painting the Manse, painting the roof on House Two, and drystone dyking. Mid morning, we got the call that the snowy owl from the previous week was was in Village Bay,...