St Kilda Club Book Group
Read three books a year with us, all about beautiful St Kilda.
We are exited to launch a brand new book group!
We love everything to do with St Kilda; the landscape, the wildlife and the history. As it turns out, we’re not the only ones! A number of authors have also chosen to celebrate their love of our beautiful islands by writing a book.
We can’t think of a better way to celebrate the joy of St Kilda, and the appreciate the work of these authors, than by launching a book group dedicated to the stories of St Kilda.
Here’s How It Works
- We will launch a new book three times a year, in line with our three board meetings.
- If you would like to join in, all we ask is that you please buy the book yourself.
- You will have six weeks to read the book, so there is no hurry! Read at your own pace.
- After the six week reading time, we will discuss our thoughts on the book using the Zoom app.
- We are hoping to give book group members an opportunity to meet the author of the book, also via Zoom.
- You will have access to the St Kilda Club Book Group Facebook Group.
Simply sign up using the form below and we will send you all the information you need.
On 29th August 2020 the St Kilda Club hosted an online event to commemorate the evacuation of St Kilda in 1930. The event was in association with the National Trust for Scotland and was a celebration of St Kildan life and its legacy. There were a range of musicians...
Road Building To get vehicles and equipment to the radar station site, the squadron had to lay four miles of road up steep terrain from the base to the top of Mullach Sgar and Mullach Mor.A 60 foot bridge was built to allow equipment and materials to reach the site of...
LCT L4041 beached in the Village Bay Landing Craft Tank L4041 (RASCV/HMAV Abbeville) ran aground at Village Bay in St Kilda for three days in 1957. It was subsequently refloated. The following photos show the beached craft.Come back soon for Part 4...