St Kilda Club Book Group
Read three books a year with us, all about beautiful St Kilda.
We are exited to launch a brand new book group!
We love everything to do with St Kilda; the landscape, the wildlife and the history. As it turns out, we’re not the only ones! A number of authors have also chosen to celebrate their love of our beautiful islands by writing a book.
We can’t think of a better way to celebrate the joy of St Kilda, and the appreciate the work of these authors, than by launching a book group dedicated to the stories of St Kilda.
Here’s How It Works
- We will launch a new book three times a year, in line with our three board meetings.
- If you would like to join in, all we ask is that you please buy the book yourself.
- You will have six weeks to read the book, so there is no hurry! Read at your own pace.
- After the six week reading time, we will discuss our thoughts on the book using the Zoom app.
- We are hoping to give book group members an opportunity to meet the author of the book, also via Zoom.
- You will have access to the St Kilda Club Book Group Facebook Group.
Simply sign up using the form below and we will send you all the information you need.
Landing craft – the only way to travel! John and the rest of 5004 Airfield Squadron arrived on St Kilda on Landing Craft Tank (LCT) – the winds around the islands made flying in too risky.Travel on, and operation of, a Landing Craft Tank comes, however, with its own...
We are very privileged to be able to share the story of Senior Aircraftman (SAC) John Martin Abbott and his time on St Kilda. John’s family has shared some of his photos and experiences from that time and we will be serialising them on our blog for all to enjoy. John...
Lost But Not Forgotten is a short film about a man out of place in the modern world, struggling to hold on to memories of a home he lost long ago. Drawing from the incredible history of St Kilda, this short film serves as a...