St Kilda Club Book Group
Read three books a year with us, all about beautiful St Kilda.
We are exited to launch a brand new book group!
We love everything to do with St Kilda; the landscape, the wildlife and the history. As it turns out, we’re not the only ones! A number of authors have also chosen to celebrate their love of our beautiful islands by writing a book.
We can’t think of a better way to celebrate the joy of St Kilda, and the appreciate the work of these authors, than by launching a book group dedicated to the stories of St Kilda.
Here’s How It Works
- We will launch a new book three times a year, in line with our three board meetings.
- If you would like to join in, all we ask is that you please buy the book yourself.
- You will have six weeks to read the book, so there is no hurry! Read at your own pace.
- After the six week reading time, we will discuss our thoughts on the book using the Zoom app.
- We are hoping to give book group members an opportunity to meet the author of the book, also via Zoom.
- You will have access to the St Kilda Club Book Group Facebook Group.
Simply sign up using the form below and we will send you all the information you need.
We awoke this morning to the arrival of the Silver Cloud sitting in Village Bay. Apart from the three volunteers to run the shop and the postcard store in the church, (Diane, Bee and Frances) the rest of the work party had a day off. Bruce and Phil were up and out...
It was another beautiful day on St Kilda, we have been so lucky with the weather! Today was the Litter Pick on the beach with Ciaran the seabird ranger. There is a method all lined up for the work we had to do. All the litter collected is sorted, catalogued and...
Tuesday - half way through our work party and we found ourselves waving off Ellie and the rest of the Puffin counters on Kilda Cruises boat Hirta, as they travel back to Harris. We also said farewell to our Ranger John, who is off to the Arctic for the next four...